11.29.2008

Who's Watching?

Our course requests have been tabulated and I've got Cyberlaw with Susan Crawford next semester, in addition to my required courses (Civil Procedure, Contracts, Criminal Law, and Legal Practice). Crawford was recently named one of the heads of Obama's FCC transition team.

I'm excited about Cyberlaw especially since I'm interested in pursuing it as a career, and I'm hoping to find a job related to it for next summer. But unfortunately I'm not as up on the subject as I should be; luckily, a friend at Penguin recently sent me Larry Lessig's new book Remix, which is serving as a bit of a crash course but is also pointing me to a bunch of other reading (Yochai Benkler, Jamie Boyle, etc.). It's serving as a nice distraction from outlining/exam prep, certainly.

There's a good article about Google, freedom of speech, and censorship in tomorrow's NYTimes Magazine, as well.

No comments: