9.09.2008

Future Interest

It's hard not to think about what's going to happen after law school is over (if it ever is), maybe because a lot of it is pre-determined far earlier than you would think. To recap: people start looking for their post-1L jobs during the middle of the academic year (from about December to March, I think), and then you look for the job you get post-2L at the very beginning of 2L year. So, the people who are 2Ls now just had interviews for jobs they won't start until May. And that job, the post-2L job, can often lead to the job you have after you graduate.

All of this, of course, is floating around in the ether as I study. Today I went to a meeting for a club focused on intellectual property, which I may or may not be interested in (apparently my interests are more "soft IP" - copyright and trademark, rather than "hard IP" which is more patent related and requires a techical - science or engineering - background).

But is that really what I'm interested in? Am I even interested in anything having to do with the law? It's a little dangerous for me to start thinking about jobs because then it leads to the question about what I'm even doing here, if anything.

Well, what I should be doing is HW, right? Right.

No comments: