Mom and I went to CostCo last month and at her suggestion I got some vanilla beans. I've never actually cooked with them before, though I've seen them growing in India. Having just gotten back to Ann Arbor, I opened up the packaging to the most delicious scent of vanilla ever - strong but not cloying, and definitely not like a perfume. And I haven't even opened the vials yet! They look a little like a chemistry set, no? I'm almost too in love with the smell to actually use the beans.
1.12.2009
Not Bland
Mom and I went to CostCo last month and at her suggestion I got some vanilla beans. I've never actually cooked with them before, though I've seen them growing in India. Having just gotten back to Ann Arbor, I opened up the packaging to the most delicious scent of vanilla ever - strong but not cloying, and definitely not like a perfume. And I haven't even opened the vials yet! They look a little like a chemistry set, no? I'm almost too in love with the smell to actually use the beans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had a cooking lesson from a countess in Paris who suggested putting used-up vanilla bean pods in the sugar canister... I'd say that's a sure bet.
Post a Comment